Welcome to the Château de Hautefort
The elegant silhouette of the Hautefort Castle is on top of a plateau that dominates the valleys of the Bernier and the heavy, two tributaries of the Auvézère. This furnished building retains a collection of furniture from the 17th and 18th centuries.
The history of the Château de Hautefort:
The ancient medieval fortress, probably built at the site of a Roman camp, is transformed into a manor house in the 17th century.
Gradually abandoning its defensive apparatus for the approval of a classical architecture, the castle reflects the rank and power of the Marquis de Hautefort. The castle and the Hospice of Hautefort are rare examples of classical architecture in Périgord.
In the 19th century, the Comte de Choulot designed the French gardens and created the English park, which offered varied views of the countryside and surrounding villages. The embroidery of the garden box, elegantly arranged around the castle, contribute to the fame of the estate and the pleasure of its visit.
Programme of Animations 2019:
During the summer, cultural events are offered to visitors, such as the Nocturnes with "at night, at the castle..." ».
April to October
- Interactive tour of a real movie set and film set!
- Exhibition "50 Years of cinema in Hautefort"
- Treasure Hunt in the gardens of the Château – reception at 2pm and start of the animation at 15h
7, 8 and 9 June
- Go to the garden-with the gardeners of the castle
- "The Little Gardener's Workshop" on Mondays 15, 22 and 29 July at 11am. From 3 years
- "Petit artist's Workshop", Tuesdays 16, 23 and 30 July from 2.30 pm until 6pm
- The nocturnes of the summer with "The night, at the castle..." Wednesdays 10, 17, 24 and 31 July
Ticket Office Hours: 9pm to 21:45
- Open Air Cinema, 8 July at 22h
- "The Little Gardener's Workshop" on Mondays 5, 12 and 19 August at 11am. From 3 years
- "Petit artist's Workshop", Tuesdays 6, 13 and 20 August from 2.30 pm until 6pm
- The nocturnes of the summer with "The night, at the castle..." Wednesday, August 7, 14 and 21
Ticketing hours 21h to 21:45
- Théâtre de Molière, 5 August at 4pm (from 7 years old)
- Open Air Cinema, August 5 at 10pm
- European Heritage Days September 20, 21 and 22 – Historical costumed commentary and tour of the cinema studio
- Halloween Photo Contest from October 19 to 31 – a surprise for all children...
Adults: 10 euros
Children from 7 to 14 years: 5.50 euros
Reduced: 8 euros
Large family: Free from the third child
Groups of 20 people and more:
Adults: 8 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 50 €/2 guides €75)
Children up to 14 years old: 4.50 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 40 €/2 guides €60)
Dates and Times
March: Weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
April and May: daily from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2pm to 6.30 pm
June: Daily from 9:30 to 19:00
July and August: daily from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
September: Daily from 10:00 to 18:00
October: Daily from 14:00 to 18:00
1st/11th November: weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
November 12 to February 29: annual closing
The hours mentioned above are those of the castle. The ticket office closes its doors to the public 30 minutes before the castle closes.
The gardens remain accessible until nightfall for the visitors already present in the domain.
In the Hautefort Castle Gardens from 2pm to 5pm.
All participants will receive chocolate surprises. Children and adolescents.
14h: welcome of the participants. 3pm-5pm: treasure hunt