Welcome to the Château de Hautefort
The elegant silhouette of the Hautefort Castle is on top of a plateau that dominates the valleys of the Bernier and the heavy, two tributaries of the Auvézère. This furnished building retains a collection of furniture from the 17th and 18th centuries.
The history of the Château de Hautefort:
The ancient medieval fortress, probably built at the site of a Roman camp, is transformed into a manor house in the 17th century.
Gradually abandoning its defensive apparatus for the approval of a classical architecture, the castle reflects the rank and power of the Marquis de Hautefort. The castle and the Hospice of Hautefort are rare examples of classical architecture in Périgord.
In the 19th century, the Comte de Choulot designed the French gardens and created the English park, which offered varied views of the countryside and surrounding villages. The embroidery of the garden box, elegantly arranged around the castle, contribute to the fame of the estate and the pleasure of its visit.
Programme of the 2020 animations :
During the summer, cultural events are offered to visitors, such as the Nocturnes with "at night, at the castle..." ».
April to October
- Interactive tour of a real movie set and film set!
- Exhibition "50 Years of cinema in Hautefort"
MAY to OCTOBER
- Photographic exhibition of the works of Pierrot Men "Résonance".
- Treasure Hunt in the gardens of the Château – reception at 2pm and start of the animation at 15h
5, 6 and 7 JUNE
- Go to the garden-with the gardeners of the castle
- "L'atelier du petit jardinier", Mondays from July 13th to 27th at 11am. From 3 years old
- "L'atelier du petit artiste", Tuesdays from July 14th to 28th from 2.30pm to 6pm.
- The Nocturnes de l'été with " La nuit, au château... " on Wednesdays from 8 to 29 July.
Ticket Office Hours: 9pm to 21:45
- Open-air cinema, July 6 at 10 pm
- "L'atelier du petit jardinier", Mondays from August 3rd to 17th at 11am. From 3 years old
- "L'atelier du petit artiste", Tuesdays from August 4th to 18th from 2.30pm to 6pm.
- The Nocturnes de l'été with " La nuit, au château... " on Wednesdays from 5 to 26 August.
Ticketing hours 21h to 21:45
- Shakespeare's Theatre, August 3 at 4 pm (from 7 years old)
- Open-air cinema, August 10 at 10 pm
- European Heritage Days on 19 and 20 September - Costumed historical commentaries and visit to the film studio
- Halloween Photo Contest from October 17 to 31 - A surprise for all the kids
Adults: 10 euros
Children from 7 to 14 years: 5.50 euros
Reduced: 8 euros
Large family: Free from the third child
Groups of 20 people and more:
Adults: 8 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 50 €/2 guides €75)
Children up to 14 years old: 4.50 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 40 €/2 guides €60)
Dates and Times
March: Weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
April and May: daily from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2pm to 6.30 pm
June: Daily from 9:30 to 19:00
July and August: daily from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
September: Daily from 10:00 to 18:00
October: Daily from 14:00 to 18:00
1st/11th November: weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
November 12 to February 29: annual closing
The hours mentioned above are those of the castle. The ticket office closes its doors to the public 30 minutes before the castle closes.
The gardens remain accessible until nightfall for the visitors already present in the domain.
Halloween photo contest and pumpkin kit from 17 to 31 October 2020
Halloween photo contest during the All Saints' Day holiday.
Pumpkin kit. for the children who have been put back on the ticketing system. Each child customizes his pumpkin and stages it in the garden - Surprises and prizes to be won!
Scavenger Hunt April 13, 2020
In the Hautefort Castle Gardens from 2pm to 5pm.
All participants will receive chocolate surprises. Children and adolescents.
14h: welcome of the participants. 3pm-5pm: treasure hunt