Welcome to the Château de Hautefort
Located on a rocky spur, the Hautefort Castle is an old medieval fortress transformed in the 17th century by the marquis of the name into a pleasure dwelling.
Embellished in particular by the addition in the 19th century of a French garden and a landscaped park, it is a unique site in the Périgord which combines the splendour of nature and the majesty of architecture with a culture of refinement inherited and transmitted over time.
This place steeped in history, preserved and restored by its various owners for over a millennium, can still be visited today. It is the fruit of a family's strong commitment to one value: beauty.
The Château de Hautefort is the story of a passion: bought in the first quarter of the 20th century by Baron and Baroness Henry de Bastard, it was restored with care and devotion. After the main building was destroyed in a fire in 1968, the Baroness, now a widow, worked tenaciously for a second restoration, carried out in conjunction with her family, the public and with the support of the local authorities and the Ministry of Culture.
The Fondation du Château de Hautefort, created in 1984, then recognised as a public utility in 1990, has made it possible to guarantee the durability of the estate, to ensure its management, but also to share its beauty with as many people as possible.
Through everyone's commitment, the Château de Hautefort bears witness to the generosity and love of the public for its heritage. The unique and collective history of Hautefort continues today in a thousand ways: hosting film shoots, themed guided tours, an experimental vegetable garden, workshops on biodiversity and sustainable management which earned it the first eco-label awarded to a cultural site. In Hautefort, beauty can be inhabited, visited and exists loud and clear.
Program of animations 2021 :
During the summer, cultural events are offered to visitors, such as night-time events on Wednesdays in July and August.
FROM MARCH TO NOVEMBER
Exhibition "Resonance". Photographs by Pierrot Men.
Treasure hunt in the castle gardens. Reception at 2pm and start of the animation at 3pm.
Colloquium "Vegetable garden, gardens, reconciling beauty and bio". Upon registration.
4, 5 and 6 JUNE
See you in the garden. In the company of the castle gardeners - Boxwood pruning demonstration, guided tour with the head gardener and cutting workshop for children.
- L'atelier du petit jardinier, Mondays 12, 19 and 26 July at 11am - From 3 years old.
- L'atelier du petit artiste, Tuesdays 13, 20 and 27 July from 2.30 pm to 6 pm.
- The Summer Nocturnes, Wednesdays July 7, 14, 21 and 28. Ticket office hours: 9pm to 9.45pm.
- Open-air cinema, Monday, July 12 at 10 pm.
- Show on the theme of ecology. From 7 years old. Monday 19th July at 4pm. Storytelling, music and dance "You won't go picking daffodils on the Aral Sea" with the company "Théâtre du paradoxe".
- L'atelier du petit jardinier, Mondays 2, 9 and 16 August at 11am - From 3 years old.
- L'atelier du petit artiste, Tuesdays 3, 10 and 17 August from 2.30 pm to 6 pm.
- The Summer Nocturnes, Wednesdays August 4, 11, 18 and 25. Ticket office hours: 9pm to 9.45pm
- Open-air cinema, Monday 2 August at 10 pm
- Show on the theme of ecology. From 7 years old. Monday 9th August at 4pm. Storytelling, music and dance "You won't go picking daffodils on the Aral Sea" with the company "Théâtre du paradoxe".
Colloquium "The landscape, a reflection of rurality in the Périgord". On inscription
18 and 19 SEPTEMBER
European Heritage Days. Costumed guided tours
From 16 to 31 OCTOBER (All Saints' Day holidays)
Halloween" animation and "Pumpkin Kit" workshop. Photo contests and surprises for all children...
FROM APRIL TO OCTOBER
- Drawing workshop " Share the beauty ". Information at the ticket office
- Visit of a movie set, the replica of Louis XIV's bedroom in Versailles. Exhibition "50 years of cinema in Hautefort".
Adults: 10 euros
Children from 7 to 14 years: 5.50 euros
Reduced: 8 euros
Large family: Free from the third child
Groups of 20 people and more:
Adults: 8 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 50 €/2 guides €75)
Children up to 14 years old: 4.50 euros
(+ Package 1 Guide 40 €/2 guides €60)
Dates and Times
March: Weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
April and May: daily from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2pm to 6.30 pm
June: Daily from 9:30 to 19:00
July and August: daily from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
September: Daily from 10:00 to 18:00
October: Daily from 14:00 to 18:00
1st/11th November: weekends and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
November 12 to February 29: annual closing
The hours mentioned above are those of the castle. The ticket office closes its doors to the public 30 minutes before the castle closes.
The gardens remain accessible until nightfall for the visitors already present in the domain.
Halloween photo contest and pumpkin kit from 16 to 31 October 2021
Halloween photo contest during the All Saints' Day holiday.
Pumpkin kit. for the children who have been put back on the ticketing system. Each child customizes his pumpkin and stages it in the garden - Surprises and prizes to be won!
Scavenger Hunt April 5, 2021
Huge puzzle and treasure hunt game in the gardens and park, distribution of chocolates to all participants, special prizes for the big winners in the categories + and - 7 years old!