Welcome to the Ecomuseum of the Truffle
It is quite naturally in Sorges that the truffle ecomuseum is installed. Indeed Sorges, a small town north-east of Périgueux, is known to be the capital of the truffle because it is here at the end of the 19th century that the cultivation of the truffle began, that this mushroom made available by nature for the researchers pickers began to be tamed to become a real product of culture.
On the road between Périgueux and Limoges (the RN21) you won't be able to miss it, large car parks will allow you to park easily.
The Truffle Ecomuseum resides in an old restored 18th century farmhouse. The museum's itinerary explains the truffle from its birth in symbiosis with the roots of the oaks, its harvest with dogs trained for this purpose or with flies, to its tasting on the tables of the greatest starred chefs. The museum itself is located on the first floor, while the shop devoted to truffles and regional products is on the ground floor.
To complete your visit, you will go for a walk on the discovery path through the limestone causse of the region, to discover the flora and fauna particular to truffle fields.
The visit is free but can also be guided as a group.
In the right season, you can take part in demonstrations of truffle digging, i.e. searching and digging out the truffle.
All year round, it will be possible for you to take part in tastings by reservation.
- Full price: 5 €.
- From 11 to 16 years old : 2.50 €.
- Student on presentation of the card: 4 €.
Guided tours: (on reservation)
- Group of +10 pers. on reservation : 5 €/person
visit the truffle trail:
- 3 € or 60 € if less than 20 people
Tastings (on reservation)
- 3 toasts with a glass of white wine per personLess than 20 people: 4.50 €More than 20 people: 4 €3 toasts with a glass of champagne per personLess than 20 people: 6.50 €
More than 20 people : 6 €.
1 summer truffle butter toast,
1 toast with melanosporum truffle butter
1 toast with truffle butter brumale
Fruit juice and water at your discretion
Deposit 25 € non refundable
if cancelled less than one week in advance
Service of cavage (on reservation)
- Searching for truffles with a dogGroup of + 10 people on reservationPerformance possible from mid-June to the end of August and in December and JanuaryIf coupled with a service - Fixed price of 60 € for the whole group + 1 € per additional person
If not combined with another service - Fixed price of 100 € for the whole group
+ 1 € per additional person
Deposit 25 € non-refundable if cancellation less than a week in advance
Dates and Times
From mid-June to mid-September open every day from 10am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 6pm.
The rest of the year open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5.30pm, open Sunday mornings in January and December.
Closed on public holidays except Whit Monday, 14 July and 15 August.