Welcome to the Castle of Losse and its gardens
"There is the spirit of the Places"
5 km from Montignac-Lascaux on the D706 in direction of Les Eyzies, The Castle of Losse Classified "historical Monument" dominates the Vézère.
Enclosed in walls bordered by deep moats, the medieval fortress has made way in 1576 to an elegant pleasure castle. It is accessed by the fortified Châtelet one of the greatest defensive works of its kind in the south of France.
The Renaissance architecture here affirms its elegance. The remarkable decor and precious 16th and 17th century furnishings that adorn the apartments evoke the living environment of John II of Losse, preceptor of Henri IV and governor of Guyenne under the reigns of the last Valois and the first bourbons. The gardens classified and labeled "remarkable gardens" offer an enchanting tour around the castle.
Garden Lounge for picnic and tea room are located in the garden of the princess.
-Access to the underground chambers of the Spur tower
-Enigmatic and historical path in the garden in the form of a treasure hunt with a gift to the key
– Go to the gardens: demonstration of the "pleaching" of the charms.
– Heritage Days: Exceptional access to the 16th century stables
- Duration of the guided tour of the Grand Logis Apartments: 45 minutes.
- The visit of the gardens and the park as well as the wall and exhibitions in the towers is done at leisure.
- Free Parking for cars and buses.
- The site is 80% accessible to people with disabilities.
- A translation of the visit will be given to our foreign visitors at the entrance.
- Picnic area and tea room.
|Adult||9,50 EUR||7,50 EUR|
|Student||6,90 EUR||5,90 EUR|
|Child (7 to 14 years old)||4,90 EUR||3,90EUR|
Dates and Times
Open daily from May 1st to September 30th from 12:00 to 18:00.
Closed on Saturdays except on holiday weekends.
April to October groups on reservation.
Guided tour of the Grand Logis Renaissance and visit to Leisure Gardens, ramparts and moats using multilingual sheets.