Welcome to the Castle of Losse and its gardens
"There is the spirit of the place"
5 km from Montignac-Lascaux on the d706 towards Les Eyzies, The Castle of Losse Classified as "historical monument" dominates the Vézère.
Enclosed in walls bordered by deep moats, the medieval fortress gave way in 1576 to an elegant Chateau de Plaisance. It is accessed by the fortified Châtelet one of the largest defensive works of this kind in the south of France.
The architecture of the Renaissance affirms here its elegance. The remarkable decor and precious furniture of the sixteenth and seventeenth period adorning the apartments evoke the living environment of John II of Losse, preceptor of Henri IV and Governor of Guyenne under the reigns of the last Valois and the first bourbons. The gardens classified and labelled "remarkable gardens" offer an enchanting course around the castle.
Garden Lounge for picnic and tea room are located in the garden of the princess.
-Access to the underground chambers of the Spur tower
-Enigmatic journey in the garden in the form of treasure hunt with gift to the key
– Visit the gardens: demonstration of the "pleaching" of the charms.
– Heritage Days: Exceptional access to the 16th century stables
- Duration of the guided tour of the Grand Logis Apartments: 45 minutes.
- The tour of the gardens and the park as well as the wall and exhibits in the towers is done at leisure.
- Free parking for cars and buses.
- The site is 80% accessible to people with disabilities.
- A translation of the visit will be given to our foreign visitors at the entrance.
|Adult||9.50 EUR||7.50 EUR|
|Student||6.90 EUR||5.90 EUR|
|Child (7-14)||4.90 EUR||3,90eur|
Dates and times
Open daily from 1 May to 30 September from 12.00 to 18.00.
May-June-September: 12 h 00-18 h 00.
Closed on Saturdays except on holiday weekends.
April to October groups on reservation.
Guided tour of the Grand Logis Renaissance and a leisurely visit of the gardens, ramparts and moats using multilingual plugs.