Welcome to Losse Castle
5 km from Montignac-Lascaux on the road to Les Eyzies, The Castle of Losse Classified "historical Monument" dominates the Vézère.
Enclosed in walls bordered by deep moats, the medieval fortress has made way in 1576 to an elegant pleasure castle. It is accessed by the fortified Châtelet one of the greatest defensive works of its kind in the south of France.
The Renaissance architecture here affirms its elegance. The remarkable decor and precious 16th and 17th century furnishings that adorn the apartments evoke the living environment of John II of Losse, preceptor of Henri IV and governor of Guyenne under the reigns of the last Valois and the first bourbons. The gardens classified and labeled "remarkable gardens" offer an enchanting tour around the castle.
Garden Lounge for picnic and tea room are located in the garden of the princess.
- Guided and commented tour of the Grand Logis apartments entirely refurbished and decorated.
- Visit the gardens, moat and park at your leisure.
-Enigmatic and historical journey through the garden in the form of a treasure hunt with a gift at the end.
-Access to the underground chambers of the Spur tower
- The site is 80% accessible to people with disabilities.
- A translation of the visit will be offered to our foreign visitors at the entrance in about ten languages.
- Picnic area and tea room in the Princess Garden
|Adult||from 18 years old||9,50 €|
|Reduced||from 12 to 17 years old * students * group||8 €|
|Child||from 5 to 11 years old||6 €|
Dates and Times
Open every day from May 1st to September 30th.
Closed on Saturdays except on holiday weekends.
April to October groups on reservation
Free for children under 5 years of age and persons with disabilities