Welcome to Lascaux IV – International Centre for parietal art
In perfect harmony with the landscape:
9 000 m² of buildings merge into the landscape, stretched like a scratching side façade, almost invisible from the sky with the vegetated roof.
Inside is hiding A new facsimile of the prehistoric cave, the atmosphere is that of a real cave. It's wet and dark, the sounds are muffled.
Lascaux International Center is more complete than Lascaux II Because the cave is reconstituted in its almost entirety. She also has an interpretation room to decipher her works, a 3d cinema, a "theatre" and a temporary exhibition...
Presentation of the building:
The space is divided into 6 zones:
– The reception: preparation for the visit of the reproduction via a scenography.
– Facsimile: Reproduction in real size.
– The Workshop: model, 8 large facsimile pieces, image wall.
– The Theatre of parietal art: 3 interconnected rooms reverting to the work of the Prehistorians, archaeologists and researchers from the end of the 19th century to the present.
– 3d Cinema: Immersion in 3d in different forms.
– The Gallery of the imaginary: virtual art gallery that links rock art and art of the twentieth seat
You will progress throughout the visit through the ages, in 1940 when 4 young boys discovered the entrance to the cave of Lascaux until the end of the Ice age 21000 years ago.
A breathtaking visit to a place or technology, history and preservation of the environment have been able to mingle with perfection.
Discover or rediscover this treasure of humanity that our ancestors bequeathed to us: The Sistine Chapel of Prehistory. A very soon.
Entrance fees for Lascaux International Centre of Cave Art 2022 :
Adult (13 years and over): 22€ purchase on site / 21€ purchase online
Children (from 5 to 12 years old): 14.50€ purchase on site / 13.50€ purchase online
Free for children under the age of five
Reduced rate for students, job seekers and people with reduced mobility.
Privilege card: €55.00
Dates and Times
Opening hours of Lascaux International Centre of Cave Art 2022 :
From 29 January to 08 April: 10am to 6pm
From 09 April to 09 July: 9am to 7pm
From 10 July to 31 August: 8am to 10pm
From 01 September to 06 November: 9am to 7pm
From 07 November to 31 December: 10am to 6pm