Welcome to Lascaux IV – International Centre for parietal art
In perfect harmony with the landscape:
9 000 m² of buildings merge into the landscape, stretched like a scratching side façade, almost invisible from the sky with the vegetated roof.
Inside is hiding A new facsimile of the prehistoric cave, the atmosphere is that of a real cave. It's wet and dark, the sounds are muffled.
Lascaux International Center is more complete than Lascaux II Because the cave is reconstituted in its almost entirety. She also has an interpretation room to decipher her works, a 3d cinema, a "theatre" and a temporary exhibition...
Presentation of the building:
The space is divided into 6 zones:
– The reception: preparation for the visit of the reproduction via a scenography.
– Facsimile: Reproduction in real size.
– The Workshop: model, 8 large facsimile pieces, image wall.
– The Theatre of parietal art: 3 interconnected rooms reverting to the work of the Prehistorians, archaeologists and researchers from the end of the 19th century to the present.
– 3d Cinema: Immersion in 3d in different forms.
– The Gallery of the imaginary: virtual art gallery that links rock art and art of the twentieth seat
You will progress throughout the visit through the ages, in 1940 when 4 young boys discovered the entrance to the cave of Lascaux until the end of the Ice age 21000 years ago.
A breathtaking visit to a place or technology, history and preservation of the environment have been able to mingle with perfection.
Discover or rediscover this treasure of humanity that our ancestors bequeathed to us: The Sistine Chapel of Prehistory. A very soon.
Ticket prices entrance to Lascaux International Centre for parietal Art 2019:
Adult (13 + years old): €20.00
Child (5 to 12 years old): €12.90
Free for children under the age of five
Reduced rate for students, jobseekers and disabled.
Privilege Card: €50.00
Dates and Times
Opening Dates and timetables 2019:
From February 3 to April 5:10am to 6pm
From 6 April to 7 July: 9am to 7pm
July 8 to July 21:8:30 am to 8:30 pm
From July 22nd to August 4th: 8am to 9pm
August 5 to August 23:8am to 9:30 pm
From August 24th to August 30th: 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
From 31 August to 29 September: 9am to 7pm
From September 30th to November 3rd: 9.30 am to 7pm
From November 4th to January 5th 2020:10am to 6pm