The Castle of Biron
The Castle of Biron, one of the 4 baronies of Périgord with Beynac, Biron and Mareuil, presents an impressive architectural ensemble.
In the confines of the Périgord purple to the black, from the Agen to the gates of the valley of the Lot, Biron embraces a wide panorama. Here we come to marvel at the feet of high fortresses in the heart of the country of the Bastide.
The diversity of buildings built at different times testifies to the evolution of the castle over the centuries of the year thousand to the present day. Closely related to the Gontaut-Biron family, the castle is a reflection of their past power.
At certain times, guided tours are organized.
A twin ticket Château de Biron and Cloister of Cadouin is proposed.
IPod Touch Audioguide in 5 languages (FR, en, DE, NL, ES) and a version in French sign language (for rent on site or for download on the App Store and Google Play)
- Wifi at the reception
- Souvenir Shop and Bookstore
- Dogs held on leash accepted
- Holiday Vouchers Accepted
- No access disabled motor
- Restaurants in the village at 100m
Summer activities in Biron
Money strike : Children hit their coins using tin chips. This workshop was carried out in partnership with the cultural agency Dordogne-Périgord tariff: 4 euros (€2 for the mint).
Nightly Gourmet Markets every Thursday at 7pm in July and August
At the meeting of the country producers, large tablée in the enclosure of the castle.
Scavenger Hunt every Friday at 10:00 a.m. in July and August On reservation
Dramatised visits every Tuesday night at 9pm in July and August
Dramatised visits, in the light of the lanterns, are offered and give an extra magic soul to this historic castle.
Rates for the Château de Biron - 2022
- Adult (13 years and over): 9,50 € purchase on site / 9 € purchase online
- Children (5 to 12 years old): 6,30 € purchase on site / 6 € purchase online
- Privilege card (valid for 1 year): €23
Groups (20 people):
- Adults and schoolchildren aged 13 and over: €7.30
- Schoolchildren under 12: €3.70
Twin tickets Château de Biron/Cloister of Cadouin
- Adult (13 years and over): €13.40 purchase on site / €12.70 purchase online
- Children (5 to 12 years old): 8,40 € purchase on site / 8 € purchase online
- Privilege card (valid for 1 year): €32
Groups (20 people):
- Adults and schoolchildren aged 13 and over: €11
- Schoolchildren under 12: €6.60
Dates and Times
Grotte du Grand Roc opening hours - 2022
From 05 February to 08 April: from 10am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 5.30pm*.
From 09 April to 06 July: from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm
From 07 July to 26 August: from 10 am to 7.30 pm
From 27 July to 06 November: from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm
From 07 November to 31 December: from 10am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 5pm*.
*Admission 1 hour before closing time. Closed on 25 December and 1 January. *Closed on Mondays except during school holidays and public holidays.